Plug and Play (PnP) trackers can be installed in light vehicles, heavy vehicles and even on machinery. Simply locate your vehicle’s diagnostic port and plug the tracker in. Fleetsu supports the following ports:
- OBD (Diagnostic Port) – Available on the majority of light vehicles and small trucks
- CANBUS Port – (J1939 Deutsch and all other variations) – Available on heavy trucks, machinery and equipment, from 24-36V
Please Note: Ensure that you have switched on the internal battery in your PnP Device before installation
1. For Light Vehicles
Locate the vehicle’s OBD (vehicle diagnostics) port. It is usually under the steering column on the right hand side.
Note: We can supply a low-profile extension lead to assist with the installation if the OBD port is located under a cover or in a location which might affect your ability to safely operate the vehicle.
2. For Trucks and Machinery
Locate a J1939 Deutsch port or FMS port, it might have 6 , 9, 12, 14, 16 pins or some other combination, we supply adapters for almost all variations of ports as per the below examples. If you are not sure, please reach out to our support team and we will help you to locate and acquire the right cable adapter.
3. Installing The Tracker
IMPORTANT! : Before installation, please ensure that your vehicle or asset ignition is switched off and the asset is parked outside on a level surface with a clear view of the sky.
- Plug the tracker into the port
- Please wait for the power (red), cellular (orange) and GPS (green) lights to all start flashing.
- Once all lights are visible and flashing, wait a further 1 minute to allow the device to finish the calibration process
- It will take a further 8-10 minutes for the tracker to complete the configuration process and start transmitting accurate data to the platform.
Once you have installed your OBD tracker/s and the calibration process is complete we recommend that you note down the odometer reading and proceed to your platform account to complete the initial set up.
IMPORTANT!: You will need the current odometer reading of the vehicle to complete the initial set up so make sure to note this down when you install the tracker. Ideally you will not drive the vehicle before you have completed the initial set up. However, if you do you will need to add the KM’s driven between installing the tracker and completing the initial set up to the odometer reading you noted down when you installed the tracker so that you input an accurate odometer reading into the platform.