Fleetsu Plug and Play (PnP) trackers come equipped with a back-up battery so that the device to transmit data when it is not connected to power. This is useful for detecting tampering events and sending an alert to the platform. The internal back-up battery in your PnP device will need to be switched on before you can install your device.
To switch on the internal battery you will need:
- Your PnP device.
- A long thin tool such as a small flat-tip screwdriver, tweezers or a toothpick.
Switching on the battery:
- Rotate the device so that the plug end with the metal pins is facing you. Ensure that the orientation of the device matches the picture below.
- In the centre of the face of the plug, you will see a small rectangular hole.
- Set back within this hole is a small switch.
- Using your tool, flick the switch to the left, into the ON position. Once the battery has been switched on, the LED lights (Power, GPS, GSM) on the top of the device should come on. Note: this will only occur if there is charge in the battery.
- Now that you have switched on the internal battery you can complete the install of your PnP device by following the How to install your PnP tracker guide